Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Weep, Weep for Zion!

Am I Nienna, is Nienna I?
Am I the one who weeps for sorrow deep?
When pain shall come, will I for sorrow cry?
Will I give voice to those who cannot weep?
I am Nienna, weeping for the pain
And crying for the hurts of fallen man.
I mourn the sin, lament the crimson stain,
And grieve for evil since the world began.
I have not voice enough to breathe the sighs
Of those who suffer long in evil’s chains;
I weep to cleanse the wounds of Satan’s lies
And bring new hope through mourning’s silver strains.
For not all tears are evil, not all wrong,
But sorrow leads to wisdom’s joyful song.

1 comment:

  1. This one means a lot to me.
    "I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil."
    I love the last few lines as well.

    ReplyDelete