Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Redeemer Lives [Advent: Day 5 of 28]

As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
Even after my skin is destroyed,
Yet from my flesh I shall see God. - Job 19:25-26

For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol;
Nor will You allow your Holy One to undergo decay. - Psalm 16:10

Jonah was in the stomach of the fish three days and three nights. - Jonah 1:17


My sin was laid before me, plain and clear,
And I, I fell before my mighty King.
Some hope I hoped to find to calm my fear,
And God then gave his word to stop death's sting.
But O, that lamb that bore, bore everything,
What now to him shall happen, if he dies?
His grave is with the wicked: there he lies.

But Thou, Thou shalt not leave, God who forgives,
Thou shalt not leave his soul down in the grave.
For me, I know that my Redeemer lives:
I'll see Him in my flesh through life He gave.
He went to death, no normal human slave:
As Jonah lay three days within the whale,
So He will lie three days, then will prevail.

[White/Prophecies of Christ's Birth]

No comments:

Post a Comment