Monday, December 12, 2011

No Longer Slaves, But Sons [Advent: Day 16 of 28]

"I will get up and go to my father, and will say to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight; I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me as one of your hired men.' " - Luke 15:18-19

But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God. - Galatians 4:4-7


O God, I have sinned,
And have become a slave.
I am not worthy to be called Your son.
But You, O Lord, are merciful;
You, O Lord, have redeemed.
The fullness of time has come:
And now through You we are made new.
You, born under the Law, have set us free from the Law.
You, born as a man, have redeemed all men;
And now through You we are made sons:
No longer slaves, but sons of the Heavenly Father.
Now we, by adoption sons of God,
Are heirs also, heirs of an eternal inheritance.
O God, we have sinned,
But in you we are made new;
No longer slaves, but sons.

[Purple/Looking Forward to Christ's Second Coming]

No comments:

Post a Comment